Friday, January 29, 2016

Wellington Weekly #4

It's official: I've survived my first month in Wellington! 

January 22
 The day started out bright and early to cover the USET Talent Search. Skies were partly cloudy for the first half of the class, and then the heavens opened up and poured. At WEF, when it rains, it pours. After surviving covering the class in the rain, I headed home to greet my cousin and her friend that come into town to visit this weekend! Friday night I got to work the check-in table at the USET Rockin' Rio gala! I checked in big name riders, made eye contact with Bruce Springsteen, stood four feet away from Beezie Madden, and got to walk around and pretend like I was a guest at the gala. The Phelps GM Julie was even nice enough to buy the volunteers a nice dinner at the Grille afterward. Such a great night spent with great people!

January 23
 Another day of horse show coverage! Today I got to cover the U25 Grand Prix, and the wind wand the cold were crazy! Today was the day I finally felt like my photos were getting good, and I got some great shots! I took my cousin and her friend to the Saturday Night Lights Grand Prix event to give them a taste of the equestrian world. I know it's probably freezing cold in most northern parts of the country, but Wellington was super cold this night. It was very strange! I can't complain too much because 90% of the time it's beautiful. After the show we did some late night Publix grocery shopping and headed home for bed!

January 24
Today was our lazy day! We hung around the house, and then my cousin and her friend headed out to pick us up some cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory while I made tacos for dinner! We enjoyed our meal, and scrunched up on the mattress to watch Carrie. We were in the mood for a scary movie, and this one was the right amount of entertaining and scary.

January 25
The girls' last day!! We all went to Chili's for lunch before the girls had to head back home, took a few necessary selfies, and they were on their way! After they left I got some errands done, cleaned up a little bit, made myself dinner, and prepared for a fun-filled week ahead!

January 26
Today was my Monday since I had Monday off. It was a fairly low-key day at the office. After work I headed home for a quick change and then went to work the American Equestrians Got Talent Event at the White Horse! Everyone that auditioned were so great. Equestrians in this area are so talented! The judges for the night were Margaret Duprey, Chip McKinney (from Phelps!), Laura Kraut (olympian!!!), and Karmine. Such a fun night!

January 27
Another rainy day! It was a pretty low key day today spent in the office and helping out the girls. When I got home, I did laundry! Pretty proud of myself for that one. I also finished One Tree Hill tonight, and it was an emotional mix of happiness and depression and emptiness... Now I need a new show.

January 28 
Today was supposed to be a WEF Challenge coverage day, but WEF got rained out! I wasn't too surprised, to be honest. It had been monsooning for the past 48 hours! I spent the day hanging out in the office, got myself a gym membership, picked up some Chick-Fil-A for dinner (the reason I needed a gym membership...), and went to bed early to prep for a weekend of show coverage!

Things I learned this week

1. Always volunteer to work events... You never know who you'll see or meet!

2. Florida does get cold, and I needed a heavier jacket on Saturday.

3. One Tree Hill is better than Gossip Girl.

4. Chili's chips and salsa are free if you sit on the bar side.

5. Laundry is $1.50 per wash and $1.50 per dry... Have to keep this in mind.

6. Famous horseback riders are normal people too except more fabulous and rich and famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS