Saturday, January 16, 2016

Wellington Weekly #2

And so ends week 2! This week brought on stress, travel, and the start of WEF!

January 8
Friday was a day of errands! We got to sit in on an interview at the WEF equestrian center and had to escape the rain in the middle of it! After venturing around the center, picking up some boxes and handing out flyers, we headed back to the office before wishing everyone a happy Friday and headed home. This day was particularly stressful though, as I learned that a package (that included VERY important papers) that was supposedly delivered to my door, was nowhere to be seen. Still no word yet (ugh).
January 9
Today brought travel! I packed up my weekender bag and headed to my grandparents' house in Fort Myers. After driving 2 hours through miles of farmland, I made it in on piece, and I was treated to PF Changs' for dinner (my favorite!). Ice cream for desert, a visit from my cousin, and tornado warnings to finish out the night!

January 10
Today was another unlucky today. I woke up to find that my laptop charger was no longer working, so we made a run to Best Buy for a new one! We also made stops at Target and Ulta (of course), and grabbed lunch at Tropical Smoothie (Bahama Mama for the win). My aunt, uncle, and two cousins came over to hang out for a little bit, and my grandma and I watched a movie to finish out the night (it was called "Every Secret Thing", and was great!!)

January 11
My body actually woke me up at 8am. That NEVER happens!!! I took advantage of it, made some waffles, and ate breakfast with my grandparents. I did my laundry (thanks Grams & Gramps!!), ate some lunch, and made my way back through the farmland to get home in time to grocery shop, make some dinner, and get to bed to prepare for another week at Phelps!

January 12
This day was a great day to help me get back into the swing of things after a long three day weekend! I worked at the office late, made myself dinner, and and ended my night with One Tree Hill. Not a bad day!

January 13
We had our hunter/jumper orientation at WEF today, and it was awesome to finally get behind a camera and get to shoot some pictures. Come to find out, I'm actually not too bad at it... think four months worth of WEF practice will help! After work I got to go do the social media for the American Equestrians Got Talent event. It was fun to hang out with some of my coworkers and watch some fellow equestrians get up on stage and sing and dance their hearts out!

January 14
This was an awesome day. I got to help shoot photos for the WEF challenge jumper class, and even had some featured in an article on Phelps Sports! After leaving work, I met up with my trainer, my friend, and her mom from back home and it was so nice to be able to see them while they're in town!

Things I learned this week:

1. It's definitely worth it to drive an extra 20 minutes for cheap gas.

2. If a package has important papers, make sure someone has to sign for it (or you may never see it again). 

3. Tornadoes are a thing in Florida. 

4. Take care of your laptop chargers (or you'll spend $80 for a new one).

5. Check the label on your tablespoons... Sometimes they read "tbsp & 1/2"... Oops...

6. Excedrin Migraine works wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS