Saturday, January 23, 2016

Wellington Weekly #3

These past two weeks have flown by. I can't believe I've already been a Wellington resident for 3 weeks and my first week of WEF is over!

January 15
 Today was my first day shooting a horse show class solo! I got to cover the USEF Talent Search class, and of course with my lucky, it was raining that day. Anyone that knows me, knows that I cannot stand the rain, and I melt if I ever have to walk, ride, or god forbid, horse show, in the rain. Luckily, there was a pavilion for spectators that I could stand under and still manage to get some okay looking photos! I held an interview, edited photos, wrote the article, and finished up my first day of solo event coverage. I was also able to see Julie, Alli, and Kara today!

January 16
I love this sport. I already knew that, but this day in particular made me truly appreciate how blessed I am to have it in my life. The day started out at the College Preparatory Invitational where I watched Alli kill it in her two classes. After we all hung out at WEF and bought some WEF merch (hooray for being paid!) I went back to my place to change and prep for the Saturday Night Lights Battle of the Sexes event!! Standing ringside at the Battle of the Sexes, looking out at the crowds and the kids that were there, watching the riders compete, and just thinking how lucky I was to be there working for Phelps, was truly an amazing feeling. Taylor and I didn't leave the show grounds until 11:45 that night, but it was one of my favorite nights so far!

January 17
 Sunday was my day off! I got some recovery sleep, did a little bit of work, and hung out with Alli, Kara, and Julie until they had to leave and head back to VA. I am happy that I got to see them as much as I did while they were here. I'm going to miss them! (side note: I made it to season 7 of One Tree Hill tonight... I'm a little obsessed)

January 18
No days off for people in the real world, even on Martin Luther King day! It's okay, though. A day spent in the Phelps office is a day well spent! Today was a pretty low-key day, nothing too news worthy... Except that I had a pretty delicious Jamba Juice smoothie for lunch...

January 19
Staff meeting day! It's still so interesting to me to hear everyone talk about all of the amazing things their working on with our clients. I could listen to them talk for hours! The horse world is a great place to be.

January 20
Today was my day off, and I had all of these grand plans to be productive and get a lot of stuff done. What ended up happening?? Most of the day was spent sitting around watching One Tree Hill on Netflix... I did take a break to make myself lunch and dinner, but other than that, I was a potato all day long.

January 21
After a day working in the office and checking things off of lists, the interns and a couple girls from the office headed to the Wellington Amphitheater for the Food Truck Invasion!!! The interns have decided that this needs to be a weekly event, no matter what our bank account says. There were so many food trucks, ranging from chinese food to burgers to vegetarian to shave ice and donuts! I had the best burger I have ever had (it may have helped that I was very hungry...but it was still amazing). Definitely a must see in Wellington and a great way to end week 3!

Things I learned this week

 1. I love this job.

2.Tiger's blood is a shaved ice flavor...Berry coconut flavored and very tasty.

3. One Tree Hill is addicting and I am way to emotionally invested.

4. My hatred for the rain was reaffirmed.

5. Potato chips on burgers is delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS