Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014!

I'm a little late getting this post up, but better late than never! (and in true procrastinator fashion!) 2013 brought me so many amazing memories, challenges, and lessons, and I am so blessed to have had such an awesome year!! Looking back, these are some of my favorite moments of 2013: 
Our AIRC riding team came a long way in 5 years: last to first! Winning grand champion was an amazing feeling after all our hard work!

Spending Easter in Florida with the family!!

Junior prom! One of the most awkward, funny, and fun nights ever!

Seeing Taylor Swift for the second time in DC! She put on an amazing show, even if she didn't pick us for the tea party ;)

College tour! Still haven't decided where I'm going ;)

Trail ride with the monster! This was such a fun day!

Shooting my senior pictures...It was fun to feel like a model for a day!

Running the Color Run! I'm not much of a runner, but it didn't even feel like I was running a 5k! It made me feel good to finish, and throwing all the colors during the after party was so awesome (even if we couldn't breath) 

Every year the therapeutic riding program I volunteer with travels to the DSNV buddy walk with a couple of horses for pony rides! It was such an amazing, eye opening experience. 

Hiking skyline drive: cold, then hot, then cold, then windy, then hot, then puncturing my knee, then eating some thai food and scarfing down some ice cream. Can we go back to this day?

This year's VHSA finals was everything I could've wanted and more (or less). Even though I couldn't bring my own horse Roxy (stupid feet) I still got to go compete with a school horse from my farm. I really had to learn to overcome challenges not only before this competition but during it as well. This quote decribes the weekend perfectly:
"There's a level of vulnerability that comes from competing. The humbling feeling of giving everything you have and still not being good enough. There's no shame in that. The only shame is in being too afraid to accept that vulnerability and not compete."
Even though it wasn't exactly how I imagined my successes during my last finals, I had the best time socially. The people at my farm are the most amazing group of people, and I had so many laughs and tears of joy!

Turning 18!! Does it need an explanation?

IEA horse shows! (this one especially..I'm the one curled up in the zebra blanket!) I love my team, my coaches and all the parents so much. When I'm with them I always have a good time (and the riding is a plus!)


Now I probably should follow this up with a few of my resolutions for this year, but I think The College Prepster sums it pretty nicely :) I am trying to do the cliche: work out, eat better, be happier, grow closer to Christ, live life to the fullest.... but I don't necessarily think you need a new year to change the way you live life or look at life. A new year just gives us a little bit more motivation to do what we've been holding back on doing the past year! So here's to a new year, new adventures, and not holding back on anything! Happy New Year!
Sincerely,
Allyson xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS