Monday, March 14, 2016

Wellington Weekly #10

(Chelsea spent her Spring Break with me, so this week is dedicated to our adventures!)

March 4
Another equitation Friday! I love covering the equitation divisions and watching all of the talented young riders. 

March 5
A long, exciting Saturday! Jenna and I covered the junior rider Nations Cup divisions, and watch children, junior, and young riders from around the world compete for their country. The US was well represented, winning the junior and young riders divisions. It was a late night, but a super fun day of coverage!

March 6
Today is the day, Chelsea has arrived!!! We had a full day planned already. After picking her up from the airport, we discovered a new brunch spot and ate our body weight in pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Along with our food babies, we went to the Lake Worth beach! The only problem was that the Lake Worth beach was not quite a beach, what with the high tides and waves and whatnot. We spent the majority of our time running away from the water, got in some nice photo shoots, and walked to an ice cream shop to finish our beach day. We hit the grocery store, made tacos for dinner, and watched a very interesting Lifetime movie to prepare for the fun week ahead of us. 

March 7
I spent my day in the office, and Chelsea unfortunately had to spend her day at my house, but as soon as I got home, we packed our overnight bags and headed to ORLANDO!! We had the best subway sandwiches we had ever eaten, followed by a fun couple of hours hanging out at Downtown Disney. We got chocolate wasted at Ghirardelli and window shopped before calling it a night. My dad graciously got us a hotel room for the night, and we curled up in the fluffy comforters and pillows to get our beauty sleep for UNIVERSAL!

March 8
In an effort to not make this day go on into an essay, I will summarize in short phrases: Islands of Adventure, Dr. Doom's fear fall, Harry Potter World, flight of the Hippogriff, Dueling Dragons, #BeckySentUs, Butter Beer, chicken fingers, Suess Landing, Hogwarts Express, Universal Studios, Diagon Alley, Revenge of the Mummy, giant pink doughnut, find someone who looks like they could take our picture, Hard Rock Cafe, Uber, Instagram science, driving 2.5 hours home

March 9
A day at work and an attempt to recuperate from my Universal Studios hangover, and then after work Chelsea and I had lettuce wraps for dinner, followed by a quick trip to the outlets! I had to restrain myself in an attempt to save money, but Chelsea got some great deals!

March 10 
Boooooo it's Chelsea's last day :( We headed back to Lake Worth beach, except we tried out a different section in the hopes that we would actually have beach this time. We found a great spot, and I proceeded to nap on the beach (and don't listen to Chelsea when she tells you that I snore...) Chelsea and I did some exploring, found lots of jelly fish, shells, and a coconut! We tried to open it but were unsuccessful, called it a day, and found a pizza joint and enjoyed our lunch on the beach. After getting home and discovering I was sunburned, we headed to our final adventure: Food Truck Invasion! We ate delicious shrimp tacos, had great dessert, and then I had to take Chelsea to the airport for her flight home. It was great to have her, but too short of a trip!

Things I've learned this week:

1. You have to pay to go on the pier

2. Make friends with amusement park workers and they'll let you skip lines

3. Instagram is a science and Chelsea and I have mastered it

4. The food trucks change each week and are all so tempting

5. A two-park ticket for Universal & Islands of Adventure is worth it

6. Tuesday in the beginning of March is prime Disney time 

7. If you want to swim in the ocean, don't go to the beach during high tide or high winds 

8. Islands of Adventure is the best spot for roller coasters
9. Roller coasters make you dizzy and nauseous 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS