Monday, March 14, 2016

Wellington Weekly #9

(I'm bad at taking videos, so here is a brief compilation of Haley's trip to Wellington this week!)
 
February 26
Surprise surprise, a day full of horses! In the morning I covered the equation division, USEF Talent Search day. After working on photos and my article, I headed out to the Fete Cheval event at the VIP tent! Top professional and junior riders volunteered their time to compete in an equitation exhibition accompanied by commentary. It was so interested to see Grand Prix riders and junior riders ban together to compete in an equitation class, and for a good cause, the Equus Foundation. What a fun night!

February 27 & 28
It was an early wake up call to catch a plane ride home. I had to say goodbye to my childhood best friend, my sweet Mags. It was a hard weekend. While it wasn't under the best circumstances, I'm glad I got to home and spend the weekend with my family. On Sunday I got to watch the IEA team compete in Regionals, and spend some snuggle time with my girl Roxy.


February 29
A day in the office! A nice relaxing Monday to recoup from the weekend. 
March 1
Back in the office! Nothing too exciting, just helping everyone catch up on work and get the weekend started right! I got to help out with India night tonight for one of our clients, and it was such a fun event. All of the proceeds went to the Salvation Tree School in India, and the couple that runs the charity are just the sweetest! After India Night I was promptly greeted by HALEY!! A quick windows down, music blasting road trip down the street to Coldstone to catch up and prepare for a fun filled Wednesday.

March 2
Haley and I spent our day at the beach, eat snacks, swimming, and turning into golden goddesses (okay, maybe not golden, but rather a bright shade of red...) We finished up our day at Panera, eating outside to soak up the last few minutes in the sun, and then Haley had to leave me :( We packed her car and I actually considered putting a nail in her tire so she didn't have to leave (except that it was her grandma's car and I would never do that...)

March 3
Back in the office! Nothing too noteworthy from this day either, but even though there's work to be done, I love hanging out with these people! 

Things I've learned this week:
 1. Panera got rid of their buttered noodles and it looks like they aren't bringing them back... Sad.

2. Lake Worth beach is great! Not too crowded, clear water, and lots of sunshine.

3. Saying goodbye to a pup is harder than you expect.
4. I'm never checking a suitcase again... Carry on for the win!

5. Beezie Madden is a god... (okay I already knew that, but it was reaffirmed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS