Monday, March 14, 2016

Wellington Weekly #8

(I had a brief video compilation of weeks 6, 7, & 8, but it won't download... I am struggling.)

February 19 
It's Grand Prix day!!! Emily and I covered the Grand Prix today, and it was held at Global because of the hunter week takeover at WEF. I had a nice day relaxing and getting some chores done, followed by a fun evening at the Grand Prix! As always, I am so amazed by the talent that I am surrounded by here in Wellington.

February 20
A quick tan by the pool, catnap, and headed off to the VIP tent at WEF to help with a book signing! The best part? VIP desserts!! And a front row seat the the hunter spectacular! After the book signing I met up with office people at a polo asado. It was all fun and games until my truck got stuck in the mud... Note to self: do not try to turn around in a low, sandy grassy area, because my truck is note four wheel drive, and the sand was actually mud... After a minor panic attack I called Triple AAA and a very unimpressed tow guy came and pulled me out of the even more unimpressive mud puddle. Hooray!

February 21
Rise and shine, horse shows wait for no one! Taylor and I covered the U25 and the Grand Prix, and we got to cover it at Global in the grass derby ring! It was the perfect weather. But of course, in true Ally fashion, the one day I am actually VIP enough to eat Global food, I decide I'm hungry enough after they've cleaned it up... Maybe next time....

February 22
After a day spent in the office, everyone in the office headed out to Mason and Ron's new home for their house warming party! I've decided I'm moving in and there's nothing they can do to stop me. Afterwards, the interns headed to Flannigan's for free nachos the size of two of my heads, chicken fingers, and curly fries, and I've never been happier. If there's one thing us interns do right, it's making good food decisions.

February 23
After rising from bed in a complete greasy food coma, I spent the day in the office, followed by the North American Riders Group Meeting (NARG). They talked all about the successes and failures for horse shows in the past year and what the future looks like. I got to sit 6 feet away from Beezie Madden and Kent Farrington, so that was cool. Oh, and I got a free hat. Hooray for NARG!

February 24 

Possibly one of the funniest nights so far. After an office day, a bunch of us went to AEGT at the White Horse to support Jamie's boyfriend who would be eating fire and walking on glass barefoot... Little did we know we would also be supporting Emily as she was forced to volunteer to piggy-back across the glass!! She was a great sport and the performance was great!!

February 25 
My day off!! Today I met up with Nikki who I got hooked up with thanks to Miranda at OU! I met her horse, Lovey, and her adorable pup, and hung out with the Phelps girls in the media tent for a bit while snacking on Titos chips and salsa. I then went home to get some laundry done (and the dryer decided not to dry my clothes... AWESOME), and I headed out to meet the interns for sushi! I think this was the first time we were ALL in one place hanging out, and it was great (and delicious!)

Things I've learned this week:

1. Triple AAA is a blessing

2. If you are offered VIP food, don't wait. Go. Now. Eat. As much as you possibly can.

3. If dolphin is on the menu, it's not actually dolphin. It's Mahi.....

4. NARG... It's a thing, and it's pretty cool.

5. Split clothes into two dryers, or they will never get dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS